When it comes to trust, you need to give up the idea that you can control everything. The only thing you can control is how you feel, think and behave in the world. Paradoxically trusting the Universe is the first step in trusting yourself.
Most of the world’s religions have at their core the idea that the individual has to surrender to the Greater Power if they are to achieve serenity and happiness. Peace and ease come from letting go. That is not the message the world of commerce, social media and politics give us. That world is full of striving and challenges and overcoming adversity. It’s every person for themselves.
But whether you believe in the Universe, God, karma or market forces, if you are open to possibilities and trust your intuition, you are likely to be happy and successful. Let go of the push to control and allow acceptance of whatever flows into your life.
Trusting the Universe is a lifelong process of being open, trusting your intuition and taking responsibility. Trusting the Universe does not mean being helpless and childlike and asking to be rescued or spared from any adversity. It means taking responsibility for your ability to become your best self, acknowledging and working on negative beliefs that stop you moving forward, accepting that things may happen that you didn’t plan for or expect.
Being able to trust the Universe and yourself depends on you doing the work to be ready and able to deal with whatever life throws at you, the good and the bad. And accepting that what seems or feels ‘bad’ might work out better in the long run. Getting everything you want might seem like the Dream, but it does not make for a fulfilled or satisfying life. It’s not the way to grow and become your best you.
Five things you can do to trust the Universe and yourself.
1. Accept what you can and can’t control. Work on what you can control and let go of the rest.
2. Believe that whatever is happening to you right now is for your best and highest good.
3. Know yourself. Do the inner work and find out what’s working against your best interests right now. Perhaps that’s limiting beliefs around relationships or money blocks or other negative messages.
4. Reclaim your power. Trust your intuition and yourself.
5. Take intuitive action, knowing that you are your own best ally.
Become a true radical in a world of strivers. Embrace your apparent powerlessness, and turn it into your biggest asset. Trust the Universe, trust yourself and make your happy future now.